Game Day | Event Schedule
KitBashers, our GameDay stage at LightBox Expo starts tomorrow 10:00am PT at www.kitbash3d.com/live! This free event is going to bring industry all-star artists from movies and video games like Avatar, Halo, Star Wars, World of Warcraft, The Last of Us Part II, the Marvel Cinematic Universe and so much more right into your home! To get you excited for all the live world building, tag team demos, career development interviews, giveaways, and so much more -- we've created your Guide to Game Day below! Take a look, scope out your favorite segments, and don't miss a single moment of this 3-day event!
Watch FREE Sept 11-13 @ 9:30AM-2PM PT: www.kitbash3d.com/live
FRIDAY | 9.11.20
Nick Hiatt and Patrick O’Keefe - [Art Directing]
| 9:35am - 9:55am PT (20mins)
- Two all-star artists, two great friends and two Art Directors Nick Hiatt (Star Wars) and Patrick O’Keefe(Into the Spiderverse) go behind several of their most recent projects and talk about building community within the art world. We’ll also get a sneak peek at one of their famous Bob Ross impersonations :)
KB3D in Blender with Danar Worya - [DEMO]
| 9:55am - 10:45am PT (50mins)
- Last of Us Part II concept artist Danar Worya, the artist who’s also behind the cover image for the KB3D Dark Fantasy kit, performs a live set building a world in Blender using the Aftermath kit, Highways and Tanks from KitBash3d.
Iris Compiet and Pauline Voss - [Character Design]
| 10:45am - 11:15am (30mins)
- Renowned illustrators and character designers Iris Compiet (Magic The Gathering) and Pauline Voss (Marvel Studios and Riot Games) will showcase different tips and tricks for character creation as well as the highs and lows of the creative process.
Jonathan Berube - [Directing]
| 11:15am - 11:45am PT (30mins)
- From Starcraft to Avatar and now directing his own projects, Jon Berube joins us for our first living legends interview to share his insights from a career creative directing and directing some of the biggest titles of the last decade.
Huxley in Unreal by Ben Mauro - [DEMO]
| 11:45am - 12:35pm PT (50mins)
- Halo Infinite Senior Concept Artist Ben Mauro will create a level within the devastated world of his new hit graphic novel Huxley. Using Unreal Engine 4 and the Wasteland kit Mauro will showcase some of his environment designing skills that have helped him across his celebrated career.
Loish - [Character Design]
| 12:35pm - 1:00pm PT (25mins)
- From Horizon Zero Dawn to a countless volumed collection of personal artwork books - Lois Van Baarle, known online and throughout the art world as Loish, will be joining us to share insights about how she crafted her celebrated career over the last decade!
Jama Jurabaev and Min Guen - [VR Tag Team]
| 1:00pm - 1:50pm PT (50mins)
- Friday’s Headlining Event! Two VR titans Jama Jurabaev (The Mandalorian) and Min Guen (Gears of War) join forces in virtual space for world building tag team using KitBash3D, Big Medium Small and Gravity Sketch. Together in just 50mins they will build an entire world with just their magic VR wands.
SATURDAY | 9.12.20
Emmanuel Shiu and Jan Urschel - [Concept Art]
| 9:35am - 9:55am PT (20mins)
- Join our good friends and talented concept artists Emmanuel Shiu and Jan Urschel as they discuss their work on The Matrix 4, Captain Marvel, Star Wars: Rogue One, and their new podcast the ADP (Art Dept Podcast).
KB3D in Unreal Engine 4 with Sava Zivkovic - [DEMO]
| 9:55am - 10:45am PT (50mins)
- The Destiny 2 cinematic director builds a world in real-time using KitBash3D and Unreal Engine 4
Lual Mayen and Rami Ismail - [Indie Game Dev]
| 10:45am - 11:15am PT (25mins)
As a Sudanese refugee living in Uganda, Lual Mayen used to walk three hours just so he could charge his laptop computer and play video games. Now, as the founder and CEO of Junub Games, he is partnering with other developers to create projects with a social impact.
Video games industry ambassador, public speaker and co-founder of Vlambeer, Rami Ismail first met Lual in 2016 and helped him showcase his game to the world. Join us, Lual and Rami for a lively discussion about how we can all use the power of games and game creation to cultivate a better world around us.
Andy Park - [Visual Development]
| 11:15am - 11:50am PT (35mins)
- Marvel Studios Director of Visual Development Andy Park has been instrumental in shaping the look of the most successful movie franchise empire ever. Join us Saturday at 11:15am pt to hear him discuss his work and take questions from the audience.
Environment Art for Games with Leah Augustine
| 11:50am - 12:15pm PT (25mins)
- Environment artist at Respawn Entertainment Leah Augustine takes us through her process for creating real time environments in Unreal Engine 4. She’ll also share her passions about what motivates her to explore art for video games deeper.
Sparth - [Art Directing]
| 12:15pm - 12:50pm PT (35mins)
- Renowned Halo franchise Art Director Sparth will join us on the Game Day stage for what is guaranteed to be an interview you won’t want to miss!
David Levy - [Directing]
| 12:50am - 1:05pm PT (15mins)
- From Star Wars to Avatar to GameDay, David Levy shares insights from his career as a concept artist and director on before his demonstration of his original cinematic project up next!
David Levy - [DEMO]
| 1:05pm - 1:55pm PT (50mins)
- Saturday’s Main Event! Under the direction of legendary Avatar concept artist David Levy, members of the Unity Technical Team using KB3D and Unity will bring to life before your eyes several shots from a new original script by Levy titled Scout One–the tale of a spacefaring energy inspector whose routine workday on a distant planet takes an unexpected turn.
SUNDAY | 9.13.20
KB3D 4.0 Cinematic with Joey Camacho and Darren Butler
| 9:35am - 9:50am PT (15mins)
- Raw & Rendered motion designer Joey Camacho and KitBash3D Head of Product Darren Butler breakdown the most recent KB3D cinematic for the Kits 4.0 video released last month
KB3D Covers with Pablo Dominguez, Pablo Carpio and Darren Butler
| 9:50am - 10:05am PT (15mins)
- Marvel, ILM, Pixar and best friends with the same first name – “The Pablos” join KitBash3D head of Product Darren Butler to talk about their contributions to the KB3D Cover Art Series
KB3D Contest with Michaela Maria Wartbichler & Irena Šmitáková
| 10:05am - 10:25am PT (15mins)
- Michaela and Irena will chat about their works in the KB3Dcontests. Michaela won the Post Apocalypse contest in the spring and Irena was a finalist in the Utopia contest of last year.
Ian Hubert - [DEMO]
| 10:25am - 11:15pm PT (50mins)
- We have been dying to get a glimpse into the magic that has been going on inside Ian Huberts secret lab in Washington State called Future Proof. Just check out his IG for background. In this demo Ian will show us how the hottest new real-time application for movies–virtual production–doesn’t need to be reserved solely for big budget blockbusters. Using Blender and the KB3D Library he has made his own virtual production rig and we get an inside look! Don’t miss this one!
Esther Wu - [Visual Development]
| 11:15am - 11:45pm PT (30mins)
- The visual development artist at Netflix Animation discusses environment design, pre-production, and keyframe illustrations tips that she’s learned through her time at Netflix and her earlier work in video games.
Future of Education with James Paick and Taryn Southern
| 11:45am - 12:15pm PT (30mins)
- What does the future of virtual learning hold? Filmmaker and futurist Taryn Southern joins Tomb Raider concept artist and founder of Brainstorm School James Paick to discuss in a collaborative exploration to find the answer.
Mortal Shell with Cold Symmetry (Vitaly Bulgarov, Anton Gonzalez and Andrew Mclennan-Murray)
| 12:15pm - 12:45pm PT (30mins)
- Co-founders of indie game studio Cold Symmetry discuss their new smash success Mortal Shell. Though we won’t fully enter into a shattered and twisted world where the remains of humanity wither and rot like the game does, we will discuss the long path towards its release last month.
KB3D in Octane with Aaron Limonick - [DEMO]
| 12:45pm - 1:35pm PT (50mins)
- Last of Us Part II concept artist Aaron Limonick builds an original world with KB3D, C4D and Octane.
| 1:35pm - 2:05pm PT (30mins)
- We dive into how for the last 13 years, the enigmatic, wildly prolific, never-ending-source-of-entertainment Beeple has created an Everyday. Every. Single. Day.
Karla Ortiz - [Concept Art]
| 2:05pm - 2:30pm PT (30mins)
- Karla will close out Game Day with stories about her career spanning the Marvel Cinematic Universe on projects like Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity Wars and her design of the character Doctor Strange, to her work on Jurassic World, World of Warcraft and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!